When we need to clean our biggest pan, pots, or dishes, it is hassling to place them into the dishwasher machine.
Space management is become tough but cleaning all the big dishes by hand is also an awkward idea.
So can you run a dishwasher without the top rack? Well, removing the top rack is an excellent idea to fit the largest pan inside the machine.
So Let’s know the answer and how to remove the top rack.
Can You Run A Dishwasher Without The Top Rack?
The maximum dishwasher brand allows running a dishwasher without a top rack. That means you can remove the top rack and run the machine without any hassle. But few models come with a fixed rack design that you can’t remove.
Dishwasher machines disperse water from both the top and bottom parts of the machine.
So some models won’t work without a top rack. If you remove a dishwasher top rack yet, it is not allowed that can damage the machine.
So check the user manual carefully to know whether your machine can run without a top rack or not.
Even it can void the warranty period if you do it without knowing the fact.
Moreover, if you remove a fixed top rack that won’t be designed to run without a rack can result in a flood, water damage to cabinets, and many other issues.
So before trying to run the machine, makes sure the machine is capable of running without a top rack to avoid further hassle.
Why You Need Dishwashers Top Rack?
The popular brand Bosch, Maytag, and Whirlpool dishwashers allow running their machine without the top rack.
Actually, you need to remove the rack for space management in some cases.
But the top rack is really essential to clean sensitive items such as mugs, glass, and small bowls.
The maximum dishwasher makes the top rack especially to hold utensils or cutlery items.
As a result, it has fewer chances of damaging or scratching your pots or pans, unlike an ordinary dishwasher.
So when you remove the rack, don’t forget to store it carefully.
This rack is also essential for cleaning lots of kitchenware. Otherwise, you need to clean lots of sensitive items by hand.
You can’t place all the pots and pans near the heating element.
The best solution is to place those products, such as plastic pans, on the top rack to avoid direct heating. As a result, it won’t get heat damaged.
However, you will also find some utensils that are sealed as top racks only. So you can’t wash those dishes in the machine without a top rack.
That has chances of discolorations or warped if you place it on the bottom rack.
For example, you need to wash food containers, plastic bottles, Silicon baby bottles, nipples, coated spoons, and many more you can’t wash them without top racks.
So before removing your top rack, make sure all the dishes are marked as dishwasher safe without any conditions.
If you notice the top mark only, then you can’t remove the rack.
How To Remove The Top Rack From A Dishwasher?
We already mentioned that a top rack is very essential to get top-notch cleaning performance from a machine.
So if you need to remove it for a few hours, do it carefully. A wrong approach can damage the rack, and you can fall into great trouble.
So follow our tips to remove the rack efficiently.
- Normally top rack of a dishwasher is connected with a track. The track controls the rack to move out and in of the dishwasher machine for easy loading of the pots.
- First, you need to remember that every brand is different and brings unique designs for their product. Yet the removal process is similar for all the brands. But it slightly differs based on brand.
- Simply open the dishwasher and pull the upper rack to bring it out to the end portion of the track.
- Some dishwasher model provides a locked-in wheel track, and some offer a lift-out system to take out the upper rack. So, according to your machine design, do the steps crucially.
- You will get a plastic cap at the front of the rain on every side of the top track. The cap removing process depends on your dishwasher machine model. So check the manual for the right removing process.
- If you have an older machine, it can be removed by a screwdriver or hand. Simply push the plastic cap bottom from behind to bring it out. If you notice that the cap is not moving, then don’t try to push it forcefully. That can break the cap. You can try to remove it from different angles to safely do the detachment.
- But the newer model of dishwasher provides an easy release tab. So you can press it or squeeze only to remove the plastic cap effortlessly. That means based on cap styles, the removal process is a bit different.
- You will also find some track stop on the rails. It works as a barrier to prevent the rack from moving out of the machine.
- When you try to pull the upper rack all the way, the rails will engage. It is situated back on the dishwasher. So you need to open the rails to release the front wheels.
- Then pull the rack out of the track. You will notice that gradually the back wheels come to the front. Now it’s time to gently lift the rack.
Well, this is a typical top rack removing process, but it is not universal.
According to your machine brand and model, the process is different. So if you are confused, take help from user manuals to release the rack safely.
Can you run a dishwasher machine without the top rack is a common question. It depends on your dishwasher model and brand. But top racks are very special and essential items for a dishwasher machine.
You need to take out the top racks carefully if the machine is functional without the rack. But remember that all the top racks are not interchangeable.
Moreover, if you damage an upper rack, you will fail to clean thousands of cookware. So be careful on this step to avoid damaging your expensive dishwasher.