Laminate flooring is a special type of floating floor. It installs over a foam membrane that makes your kitchen colorful and stylish.
If there are no appliances, installation of a laminate floor is fun. But do you put laminate flooring under dishwasher?
Let’s drive into the article to know everything about laminate flooring under dishwashers.
Do You Put Laminate Flooring Under Dishwasher?
You can easily put laminate flooring under movable appliances such as refrigerators, ovens, etc.
Though the entire dishwasher is not portable yet, it is possible to put laminate flooring.
That means you can install laminate flooring under the dishwasher without disconnection. Or moving it anywhere else.
How To Install Laminate Flooring Under A Dishwasher
There is no doubt that putting a laminate floor under the dishwasher is a bit tricky. But it is possible.
To make your kitchen attractive laminate floor is a good option. Here is a step-by-step guide to installing laminate flooring under the dishwasher.
- First, turn off the power switch of your dishwasher to stop the electricity flow.
- Then take out the front cover of the machine. Take a screwdriver to discard the front cover plate.
- Now you need to rotate the adjustable legs counterclockwise. This leg gives front support to the dishwasher.
- So when you turn the legs, it will raise the dishwasher height. You should put a block behind the legs to ensure proper support.
- Now retract the dishwasher legs. You can do it by tightening the adjustable legs.
- Use a wrench or pair of pliers to tighten the legs accurately.
- Now it’s time to install laminate flooring. Follow the manufacturer’s guide to install it correctly.
- You need to cover the whole underneath area of the dishwasher with the laminate flooring.
- If you are confused, watch the installation video on YouTube.
- Now rotate the dishwasher support legs again counterclockwise. As a result, the dishwasher will rise far, and you can easily remove the blocks.
- Then adjust the support legs carefully until the dishwasher door aligns with the cabinets.
- Re-apply the front cover with the necessary screw settings.
Install Laminate Flooring – Method 2
You can also install laminate flooring by removing the dishwasher first. If you have a portable dishwasher, you can follow the below methods.
- Unplug the dishwasher and take it out from the cabinet.
- If your floor contains extra material under the dishwasher area, then remove it. Now measure the thickness of the new laminate and underpayment pad.
- It helps you to decide whether you need to add extra material to the subfloor to balance the flooring and laminate flooring level.
- If you need, then put subfloor material accordingly and balance the level.
- Now you should cut the laminate underlayment pad and place it in the dishwasher space. Before that, take measurements of the space under your dishwasher and cut the laminate accordingly.
- You need to cut a piece of threshold molding to put it at the front edge of the dishwasher. Use a miter saw for this fitting.
- You can also use a marker to mark the area where the laminate floor ends. It helps you to fit the threshold molding accurately.
- Now it’s time to move the threshold molding out of the path. You need to cover the entire space under the threshold.
- Use enough pieces of laminate flooring so that it covers efficiently.
- Calculate the length to the wall marked on the laminate pad and reduce it to one-fourth inch. You need to cut the laminate planks according to the calculated length.
- Lock the laminate flooring under the dishwasher space. But keep a one-fourth inch gap between the kitchen wall and laminate.
- Put the threshold molding over the ends of the laminate.
- Depending on the subfloor material, you may need to apply glue to place the threshold or nail it.
- Now replace the dishwasher and reconnect it again.
Positive And Negative Sides Of Laminate Flooring
Like other types of flooring, laminate flooring has its pros and cons. Yes, it is a great pick for some kitchens, but in some places, it is not ideal.
So let’s get into the positive and negative sides to figure out if it’s ideal or not.
Laminate flooring offers a different range of styles and colors. That enhances the beauty of your kitchen.
It is affordable but capable of delivering a luxury look. You can bring a natural stone or wooden look with this floating floor.
Laminate flooring is one of the long-lasting floorings. It can bear heavy foot traffic.
Besides, it is water resistant. So you don’t need to worry about water leakage issues anymore.
A laminate floor is easy to clean. As it is smooth, you don’t need much maintenance.
A simple sweep clean is enough and applies a mop occasionally for a deep clean.
Easy To Install
Laminate flooring is simple to install compared to other types of flooring. You can install it without nailed or stapling.
It can damage when gets contact with moisture for long periods. To avoid this issue, buy water-resistant and waterproof laminate flooring.
Unfortunately, you can’t repair laminate flooring. Once it wears out, you need a replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it ok to install laminate flooring in the kitchen?
Yes, you can install laminate flooring to get rid of scratches and bring an appeal to the kitchen.
Do I need to remove cabinets to install flooring?
Often you need to remove the existing cabinets or appliances to easily install flooring. But laminating floor, luxury vinyl, etc can be installed without removing the cabinet.
Should I install a laminate floor under the dishwasher?
Yet it is a bit tricky, but you can install a laminate floor under the dishwasher. Even you can do it without disconnecting the dishwasher.
Why should you put laminate flooring?
Laminate flooring protects the floor from scratches, stains, and fading over time. It increases the floor’s durability and is easy to maintain.
Hopefully, now you get your answer regarding do you put laminate flooring under dishwasher.
Installing laminate flooring under the dishwasher will be fun if you do the installation correctly.
Follow our tips and tricks to do the flooring conveniently. Laminate flooring under the dishwasher is a smart move.
But water leakage can be a problematic issue for some types of flooring. So check the flooring type to get long-lasting services.