There are hundreds of dishwasher brands on the market today. They range from $200 to over $2000 and can be installed under kitchen counters or built-in.
However few dishwasher brands that you should avoid if you want your dishes to come out clean. Some of these brands are known for their poor quality, and you’ll likely end up with dirty dishes even after running them through the dishwasher.
13 dishwasher brands to avoid
Here are the worst dishwasher brands to avoid
- Fisher & Paykel
** From worst to good ( and this list is made by our team’s own research and is based on value for the money, features, repairing times, facilities and cost).**
Does The Dishwasher’s Brand Really Matter?
A brand is nothing but a promise. A dishwasher’s brand is like your word of honor. You buy a certain brand because you believe its quality and reliability are better than that of other brands. The point we want to make here is that, even when a sale involves hundreds of dollars, price should not be the only criterion you consider.
The main reason to buy a branded dishwasher is to enjoy a certain level of quality. We have nothing against low-cost dishwashers, but there is no reason why you should compromise on quality for price’s sake.
A good brand can give you the following advantages:
1. Brand protection services
Consumers in the U.S are protected by laws against faulty products and service departments or local stores are responsible to help you with any problems.
If there is a problem with your dishwasher, the retailer or manufacturer will fix it or give you an appropriate brand new replacement in case of permanent problems.
2. Peace of mind
When a product has a certain brand name, consumers automatically project their trust in this brand. With this peace of mind, consumers can relax and enjoy the service they have bought. When you buy a branded dishwasher, your peace of mind rests on the shoulders of this brand.
3. Better warranty
Brands usually offer better warranties than local stores or non-branded product manufacturers as they need to retain their reputation in the market and maintain customer loyalty. If the product fails to work as expected, you will be able to have it repaired or replaced for free.
4. Better parts availability
We all know that when a product breaks down and needs repair, the question of getting any replacement parts is always there. Non-branded products use cheap components which are not easily available in stores.
These Products fail to impress not only because of their low cost but also due to this fact. On the other hand, branded products use better quality components which are easily available in stores and online at affordable rates.
5. Better customer service
Branded companies have a good infrastructure for customer support and they care about your satisfaction level. You can call customer care or visit the local repair center with any complaints and these companies are available to help you.
6. Better features and specifications
With a branded dishwasher, you get not just quality but also a wide set of features and specifications to choose from. These better options enhance your experience with the product.
In fact, we believe that the reason why you pay extra for a branded product is because you need it. If you feel that the extra money paid is not worth the added value you are getting in return, it is better to spend less on a non-branded product.
In fact, when it comes to dishwashers, we feel that brands like Bosch and Whirlpool are worth the price as they offer better features and warranties than other products available in the market. They not only protect you from breakdowns and make your life easier, but they also save you money.
Worst dishwasher brands Review
This list is made by our team’s own research and is based on price, features, repairing facilities and cost.
1. Jenn Air
Jenn Air is among the top 5 brands in luxury home appliances, but it doesn’t really deserve to be there.
Each of its models costs a fortune and will consume plenty of your hard earned money each month. The features that they offer are also not enough to justify the price.
Many are actually unhappy with their Jenn Air dishwashers because of their poor performance and lack of features. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, this brand won’t give you what you need for it is overpriced and underperforming dishwashers that will only make your life more miserable.
7 Reasons To Avoid Jenn Air Dishwasher
1. The cost of the Jenn Air dishwashers is quite excessive when compared to other brands in the same range or even lower performance level models. It can’t really give you a good value for your money. So it’s not worth saving up for one if you’re on a budget with limited resources.
2. The repair service for the Jenn Air machines are not that good, especially since most of their models need servicing after just a year in operation.
3. There arent enough features in this model. You only get a basic digital interface, which is not enough to justify the purchase of a Jenn Air dishwasher. It’s also lacking when it comes to using too many energy and water resources.
4. The design is also quite basic. It can’t handle heavy loads or tough stains that might end up staining your clothes as well if you load the machine all the way to the top.
5. The performance is also quite lacking. Especially since the machine isn’t that quick or efficient with its operation. You might have to run it twice if you want your load to be clean when doing the dishes every time.
6. The brand’s customer support is also subpar. They only offer you service contracts and distant phone assistance which might not be enough if you have a problem with their dishwashers. They don’t have any service center in most places, which means you’ll have to wait longer before getting your dishes cleaned.
7. As far as run time efficiency is concerned, the Jenn Air brand falls short again because it uses more water than other brands that cost less than it does.
Read More: How much water does a dishwasher use?
Electrolux dishwashers are notorious for poor performance and high repair costs. You will get as much value for your money if you were to buy another brand, and investing in this one is not worth it at all.
The best way to make use of your money when buying a dishwasher is to go for other better brands.
6 Reasons To Avoid Electrolux Dishwasher
1. The cost of this brand is really high compared to other brands in the same range. It doesn’t deliver good value for your money at all. It’s not worth spending that much on a dishwasher that might end up breaking down and needing repairs after just one year of use.
2. There are only a few features that you get in this dishwasher. The controls could also be more simplistic and better for ease of use by just anyone who uses it.
3. As far as the cleaning cycle is concerned, the Electrolux brand still falls short because it can’t really deliver the best performance on some parts of the dishwasher. Even the dishes near the top might not be cleaned properly. And you’ll have to work harder when doing the dishes every time if they’re left inside.
4. The customer service for this brand is also lacking because there are not enough physical support centers in most areas where it’s being sold. There might be a long wait time before you get any service or assistance, especially since it’s not a priority for the brand.
5. It also uses too much water and energy resources, which is a bad thing considering its expensive price tag when compared to other brands that use less of these two resources. You will end up spending more on your power bills and getting less usable service out of your dishwasher in the long run.
6. The warranty for this brand isn’t that good either because there are some parts that you cannot get warranties on, and it’s also lacking when it comes to repairing service costs as well. You might end up spending more money than what you would spend if you were to buy different brands.
The features that Insignia dishwashers offer are far from what you can get with other competing brands, yet they’re pricier than the others.
Their prices make them look cheaper but they won’t provide value for your money at all because of the bad quality that they offer.
You will have to spend a lot of money on regular repair and replacement costs. So you might as well avoid this brand if you want more value for your money when buying dishwashers.
Read More: who makes insignia dishwashers?
6 Reasons To Avoid InSignia Dishwasher
1. The cost of this brand is just a waste of money because you’ll end up spending more on repair and replacement costs in the long run. You might not be getting value for your money, even if it does look like you’re getting a great deal when looking at the surface.
2. These dishwashers use too much water and energy. This means that you’ll spend more on your power bills than if you were to buy different brands. You’ll just be wasting money when looking at the end results of using this brand.
3. As for the features offered by InSignia, most people won’t enjoy using these dishwashers if they’re looking for high-quality performance. It doesn’t have the best designs, so you might not be able to get what you want in terms of cleaning your dishes and utensils.
4. Most complaints about this brand focus on its inability to clean properly and make use of water efficiently. Which is a bad thing because you’ll be wasting both energy and water with this dishwasher. You might also end up breaking down just after a year of use because it won’t be able to clean properly either.
5. It’s hard to find assistance from customer service as well if something goes wrong. It means that you have no other option but to pay for more maintenance services for your dishwasher in the long run. This brand is not one that you should be considering as it’s clearly overpriced compared to other brands that can provide better overall quality.
6. The warranty also isn’t good. Especially for parts and labor needed for repair service because you’ll have to pay extra just to keep your dishwasher running properly.
Viking is one of the top brands in kitchen appliances, yet there are things that people hate about this brand.
For one, the price that they offer is far from being competitive with other brands in the market, yet their quality is not even comparable.
Aside from poor performance and high repair costs, Viking dishwashers also have substandard parts and finishes which will add up to your repair costs over time. Their average customer rating for this brand is also very low, which should be a telltale sign that something is wrong with Viking dishwashers.
6 Reasons To Avoid Viking Dishwasher
1. The most common complaint about Viking dishwashers is a design flaw that will cause the machine to leak on its own. As it doesn’t have a very good warranty, you’ll be paying too much in repair and replacement costs so that you can keep using your Viking dishwasher.
2. Their customer service reputation is terrible compared to other brands on the market. So you’ll have a hard time getting assistance for repair issues.
3. Another common complaint about Vikings is their use of cheap parts and finishes. Which means that you’ll have to pay more just to keep your dishwasher running after the first year. You could also end up breaking down very soon after buying it because of its low quality performance.
4. Viking only comes with a one-year limited warranty or any other warranties available for dishwashers, but it won’t be effective at all. You’ll just end up paying more for repair and replacement services if you do get a warranty from Viking, but that doesn’t mean that you’re guaranteed to get help from their customer service.
5. The dishwashers are also too loud and expensive compared to other brands in the market. So that should be another red flag when you’re planning to buy a Viking dishwasher.
6. As for their customer service, they will have your dishwashers repaired by third-party companies that don’t have the highest reputation in terms of quality performance. It’s cheaper for them to use these repair centers instead. So you might not get good results after you’ve paid for the repair services.
This Swedish brand is known for its dishwashers in the U.S., and their quality is not exactly impressive either.
The price that they offer is far from competitive, yet you will find it hard to repair or replace components if your unit breaks down because of its poor design and construction.
A lot of other brands provide more value for your money than Asko dishwashers, so it’s better to go for them if you have the opportunity to choose another brand instead.
7 Reasons to avoid the Asko Dishwasher
1. The cost of repairing this model is quite high when compared to other brands in the U.S.
2. Their customer support is also lacking, and it takes too long before they can manage replacements or repairs if anything goes wrong with their models.
3. There aren’t enough replacement parts for this brand’s machines. So you might have to wait a long time before getting any of the parts replaced if your unit breaks down early on.
4. The performance is also lacking, and it can’t handle heavy loads or tough stains when you run it on a daily basis.
5. The parts that they use are not very durable. You should expect them to wear out easily even when the machine is still young. You will have a hard time repairing your unit if anything goes wrong.
6. The design of their machines leaves much to be desired. Especially for its poor performance and lack of features like delayed start.
7. Asko’s customer service is poor. It might be hard getting any kind of help when you call their toll-free number if anything goes wrong with your unit. You might as well buy from a more valued brand today instead of wasting your time on them.
Amana has been in the market for quite some time now, but it doesn’t mean that they’re still worth buying.
Most of their models are known to have poor performance and lack of features that you can get with other brands. The price that they offer is also far from good considering the quality that they give.
Aside from that, their customer service is also terrible and the people who bought this brand usually have a hard time contacting them to get repairs and replacements done when needed. When it comes to dishwashers, Amana does not offer value for money at all.
5 Reasons To Avoid Amana Dishwasher
1. The dishwashers are not worth buying. Especially if you’re looking for a machine that doesn’t have too many issues in terms of quality performance. Most of their models come with poor features and sub-par parts which will also cause repair costs to go up in the long run.
2. Their customer service is known to be very poor. So you might not get prompt assistance when it comes to repairing your dishwasher. Some people have had their machines repaired by third-party companies that did a poor job because of the low reputation that Amana has in terms of customer service.
3. If you do manage to contact them for repairs or replacement services, they will charge you a lot of money for the services. Other companies will have their machines repaired at a much cheaper price.
4. The design flaws in their dishwashers are quite common too. They don’t really pay attention to detail when it comes to the design of their models. This means that you could end up with a dishwasher that has faulty parts or a machine that doesn’t work properly even if it a brand new.
5. They also tend to be very noisy. So you’ll have problems running your machine late at night as it will wake up the whole family and anybody who’s sleeping.
Samsung is one of the most popular electronics brands in the world today but they’re not really doing well with their dishwashers. The price is not competitive at all, and the quality they offer can also be found in other competing brands. Their models are known to have a short lifespan and many of them can only work for less than 4 years before you need to replace them.
5 Reasons To Avoid Samsung Dishwasher
1. The machines are quite expensive. The average price is around $400-$1000. There are a lot of other brands that offer good performance for this kind of price range. But Samsung does not have them and you’ll end up spending more money than you should if you do decide to get one from this brand.
2. Their customer service is also quite bad. You might have a problem when it comes to getting assistance in case your dishwasher breaks down.
3. The quality of their parts and components aren’t that good either. There’s always the chance that you’ll end up with a product that can only work for less than 2 years before needing repairs or replacement. Do your research well if you want to be sure that buying a dishwasher from Samsung is the right thing to do.
4. Many people have also complained about the noise level of their dishwashers. They tend to be pretty noisy when running at full capacity. This can be very disturbing for anybody who’s sleeping or relaxing inside their house, as the dishwasher will be loud enough to wake them up or distract them from what they’re doing.
5. There are a lot of design flaws in their machines as well. Which can cause problems when it comes to cleaning your dirty dishes and utensils. The detergent dispenser is also poorly designed. You’ll have a problem adding detergent to your machine when it comes to washing the dishes.
LG has been in the market for quite some time now, but they don’t really get much love from their customers because of the inferior quality that they offer with their products.
You will find it hard to repair their inferior quality parts, and this brand can only offer you a short lifespan if you buy any of their models.
5 Reasons To Avoid LG Dishwasher
1. They have very poor performance when it comes to dealing with tough stains and load capacity. So you’ll probably need another dishwasher in the future.
2. Their customer service is rather lacking because they are not that good at handling problems like replacements or repairs in a timely manner. You might as well buy from another brand if their policies are stuck in the past.
3. The cost of this brand is very high in comparison to the value that they offer.
4. The parts that they use for their design are quite sub-par. So there’s a high chance that sooner or later you will need to replace some parts on your machine in the future.
5. There are better options out there if you want a dishwasher that is reliable and durable. So don’t waste your time on this brand today.
Kenmore dishwashers are not really known for their style or performance, but they’re one of the most popular brands in the market because of their reputation when it comes to customer service.
This brand is known for its reliable customer service.
But they don’t have the best reputation when it comes to quality because their products are not really made to last long. The price that they offer for this brand is also far from what you can get with better brands out there.
6 Reasons To Avoid Kenmore Dishwasher
1. The build quality is not that good and hence the price does not really justify the durability of this product.
2. Kenmore appliances are hard to repair since it takes a lot of time to order parts for their products. If they even have the necessary parts for you’re appliance model in stock.
3. The features offered by this brand are far from what you will get with other brands that are available in the market.
4. The units do not come cheap, and they’re definitely not worth the price tag that’s on them.
5. You don’t need to have high-end features for your dishwasher since it’s just going to be washing your dishes.
6. Kenmore dishwashers are known to have leaks and this is a common complaint from their users, no matter which model you buy.
If you’re a fan of the Maytag brand, you might want to rethink buying this brand if you’re looking for a good dishwasher today.
Their models have poor customer ratings and they have very long repair times when compared with other brands in the market.
The parts that they use are also of inferior quality, so it can be really hard for you to get them fixed if something goes wrong with your unit. They will also add up to your repair costs, in the long run, so you’d be better off getting a different brand altogether.
5 Reasons To Avoid Maytag Dishwasher
1. The parts that they use are of inferior quality and this will only mean a lower lifespan for your unit.
2. Their customer service is not the best. You have to wait a long time before you get your dishwasher fixed when it goes wrong.
3. They’re overpriced since there’s no good reason why they should cost more than other brands.
4. Their products are hard to repair. This is a trend that we’ve seen with several Maytag models that have been in the market for quite some time now.
5. The best dishwashers under $500 seem like a bad choice if you compare them to the other brands.
11. Fisher & Paykel
If you buy any dishwasher manufactured by this company today, then expect that it won’t last for more than four years if you’re lucky.
This brand is known for its poor quality and the parts that they use are also of inferior quality.
Their most preferred brands are built with poor quality materials, so it can be hard to repair or replace them when the time comes. They may have a good customer service team though, but you can do better than this brand if you’re looking for a dishwasher today.
4 Reasons To Avoid Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher
1. The build quality is not that good, and it can be really hard to fix since the parts that you use are of poor quality.
2. They’re overpriced for what they’re offering and the features do not justify the price tag attached to them at all.
3. Fisher & Paykel dishwashers are also known to have a leaky problem.
4. You would also think that the repair costs will add up quickly if you decide on getting any unit from this brand today.
If you’re looking for an affordable brand but with a good reputation, then look no further than this one.
They have cheaper models that will surely meet your needs when it comes to performance and style, but the quality that they offer is definitely inferior in comparison with other brands out there.
Their service team is also not really helpful when it comes to repair and replacement because of their overly strict policies that can only frustrate you further. You’ll be better off spending more on a dishwasher from another brand if you’re looking for one today.
4 Reasons to avoid Frigidaire Dishwasher
1. Service can be a real pain to deal with if you’re looking for them for repair or replacement purposes.
2. They’re overpriced for what they’re offering. So you can always find a better option for your wallet elsewhere.
3. Their customer service is another thing to consider since they’re quite bad when it comes to handling problems in a timely manner.
4. The features that they provide are sub-par compared to the other brands that are competing for your money today.
If you’ve been buying products from the KitchenAid brand for a long time, then expect that this is one of their poorest dishwasher models in the market today.
Their models have poor customer ratings because they are not really reliable and the quality that you get with them can be better than other competing brands out there.
4 Reasons to avoid KitchenAid Dishwasher
1. The build quality is very lacking and you can feel that they are not really made to last for the long run.
2. The price of their dishwashers might be a good deal, but it’s still not worth buying them because of the poor performance and features.
3. Their customer service team can definitely improve on how they handle problems with replacements and repairs because they are quite slow in responding to your needs.
4. The design is also another area where they can improve because it’s too basic and old fashioned for what you’re paying for them today.
Why Should You Avoid Unbranded Dishwashers?
There are many reasons to avoid an unbranded dishwasher. The most obvious reason is that it may be more difficult to find spare parts for it, causing you to have dishwasher repair costs and a prolonged period of time without a working dishwasher.
The second problem with an unbranded brand is that there are many reports of the units being unreliable. With dishwashers such as the Bosch dishwasher, you can be sure your dishwasher will have a low risk of breaking down.
Also, with branded units, you can be sure that the after-sales service is good. They often come with phone numbers for customer services, which makes dealing with problems easier.
Another thing to consider when buying a dishwasher is its trustworthiness. This is because there are many companies that don’t respect the privacy of their customers, and one of the ways this lack of respect comes out is by sending spam relating to their products.
With trusted brands, you can be sure this won’t happen. When you buy branded products, you can have confidence in the quality of the materials used to make them. This is because they must meet certain criteria that are required by law.
If there are a lot of spare parts available for your dishwasher, it may be a sign that it is made from good quality materials.
Brands such as Bosch dishwashers have a good reputation for being reliable. For example, Bosch has been voted one of the most reliable dishwashers this year. And also rated as having a good after-sales service. All these things make it a good brand to purchase from.
Another thing to consider is how easy your new dishwasher will be to use. Branded units come with instruction manuals that are easy to understand. If you get a good brand, the product will have clear buttons and controls that are also easy to use.
For example, Bosch dishwashers come with some of the easiest control systems in the market today. This is because they are developed by engineers who want their products to be as user-friendly as possible.
The last thing worth considering is how long your dishwasher will last. Unfortunately, unbranded products often do not last as long as branded ones. The reason for this may be that they are designed to meet a price point and not necessarily meet quality standards.
Despite all of these reasons to avoid an unbranded product, there are some good things to say about them too. For one thing, there are some cheaper dishwashers on the market that are of good quality.
Also, unbranded products give smaller companies an opportunity to compete with larger ones in the same space. Lastly, many people recommend buying unbranded because you can get it for less money and still be getting a decent product.
For example, Bosch dishwashers are one of the most expensive on the market, however many people recommend getting an unbranded model and installing a licensed copy of the software that exists in branded models as this is where you will save money.
What should I look for when buying a Branded dishwasher?
- When buying a brand new dishwasher you should look at some point.
- How long the warranty is?
- How many place settings can you put in at one time?
- Can I fit it under my countertop or do I have to put it on top of a cabinet?
- Is the water efficient or does it use lots of water for each load?
- What are the cleaning cycles on the dishwasher and how many can you choose from.
- What is the price? Is it worth the money?
- Does it have a delay start timer or just a regular on/off switch?
- How do most owners rate this brand of the dishwasher in general?
- Can I fit my large dinner plates inside?
- Is there any place I can test run this dishwasher before buying it?
Why are modern dishwashers so bad?
The fact that dishwashers are so bad today is largely due to poor economic conditions. The short-term view on the economy has dominated the market, rather than a long-term vision of how to best offer the customer value for money. This post will analyze dishwashers based on their cost of operation and how use costs compare to hand-washing costs.
It’s important to take care of your dishwasher. But in the meantime, it’s worth being aware that there are specific brands you should avoid if possible.
If you’re looking for a new one or have an old dishwasher and want to replace it with something newer, know what models we recommend avoiding so you can make an informed decision about which brand is best for you!