Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Codes
Modern Frigidaire dishwashers are equipped with a variety of sensors that indicate which specific component of the dishwasher is malfunctioning and need of repair.
They are called Frigidaire dishwasher error codes.
The codes represent things that could be wrong with the dishwasher, making it easier to get it fixed or determine whether it is even repairable by you.
In this article, we will shed lights on these common error codes. By following this guide, you will be able to determine what the specific error code you are seeing means and take action to resolve the problem.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code UO
In the Frigidaire dishwasher manual, a breakdown of the ventilation component or mainboard is indicated by the error code UO.
- Wiring problems and missing connections all over the place
- Dirty valve or sensor
- Broken component of the ventilation system
- Faulty control module
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code UO
- Check to see that there is no corrosion on the electrical connectors, as this can occur when they become wet.
- Remove the fastening ring by unscrewing it. To clean the vent and fan assembly, turn it over.
- To remove the cover, you will need to take out the two little screws. You will have access to the rubber valve, which has a small solenoid that opens and closes it.
- Remove it from its connection and thoroughly clean it. Caution is advised since the optical sensor is controlled by a delicate plastic tab; you must take care not to break it.
- Assemble the ventilation component by carrying out these steps in the opposite order of how they are listed.
- Check that the ventilation opening is generally closed off at the start of the cycle
- access the assembly, and take the U1 element from the circuit board that is located behind the valve
- Put in a new sensor that won’t set you back more than a dollar.
- Make a thorough inspection of the mainboard for any signs of corrosion or damage.
- Restore any burned-out pathways and re-solder any components that are not functioning properly.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code I30
The error code i30 is one of the most common ones for a Frigidaire dishwasher. The dishwasher is using a lot of water, which is what this code means.
When error code i30 shows up on the digital screen of your dishwasher, it will start draining water nonstop.
In this case, the dishwasher’s pump keeps going all the time. It also doesn’t respond when doors are opened or when you tell it to stop.
- A water leak in the base.
- Faults with the Drain Pump
- Damaged Inlet Valve
- Faulty and Dirty Leak Sensor
- Blocked Drain System
- Faults with the Drain System
- The Electronic Board Drain Hose Is Lower Than the Water Level, Which Results in a Defective Float Switch Assembly
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code I30
- Take the dishwasher out from underneath the table and set it on the table.
- When you want to empty the dishwasher’s pan of water, you have to tilt the dishwasher’s housing forward about 45 degrees.
- Adjust the appliance so that it is standing upright, and then replace it in its typical position.
- Wait forty-eight hours for its pan to completely dry out before using it.
- After two days, put the appliance through a test run to determine whether or not it is functioning normally and whether or not the error code i30 has been eliminated.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code I20
Error code i20 means that there is a good chance that the dishwasher is having problems with the drain line.
In particular, it’s likely that the drain hose on your dishwasher has become clogged. The dishwasher could also give this error if the filters are clogged or if there is dirt on the pressure sensor.
- Faulty drain line
- Clogged hose
- Faulty pressure sensor
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code I20
- Find the drain hose’s kinks and obstructions, and then correct them if you can.
- Examine and clear any obstructions from the filters.
- Use a Q-tip to remove any debris from the pressure sensor if you found lots of debris
- Replace the sensor of the pressure
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code I50
The error code indicates that there is an issue with either the drain or the wash motor.
- supply voltage ripple
- A poor quality thermistor
- an excessive amount of noise coming from the signal coming from the control board.
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code I50
- Pull the plug out of the dishwasher and waiting a minute, then plug it back in.
- You can also shut off the power by using the fuses that are located on the panel that also contains the power switch.
- It is imperative that you check to see that the tap is fully open and that the tubing has not been kinked or crushed in any way after you have removed the machine from its original location and then replaced it.
- Turn on the dishwasher, choose a cycle that will work for your load, and start the machine.
- If the cycle starts and continues to operate normally, the issue has been fixed
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code CL
This error codes means the control board is detecting that the dishwasher door is open because the door is not shut.
- The door switch isn’t working.
- bad wiring between the door switches and the main control board
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code CL
- Open the door of the Frigidaire dishwasher carefully and all the way. Don’t swing the door open so that hot water, dishwasher detergent, or rinse aid could touch your skin or fall on the floor.
- Look for things that could stop the dishwasher door from closing properly. Many Frigidaire dishwashers have a rubber gasket around the door frame that makes an airtight seal to keep the water and food in. But dropped utensils and big pieces of food could be stopping the door from making a good seal.
- Wipe this rubber gasket and its contact surface with a paper towel.
- Shut the door. Press down hard and listen for the latch to click into place as part of the locking system. The Frigidaire dishwasher should pick up where it left off on its own.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code ER
The error code ER on a Frigidaire gallery dishwasher implies that there is an issue with the keypad; one of the buttons may even have been hit in an odd manner.
- Button stopped working because steam got inside and caused corrosion at the contacts
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code ER
- Access the keypad area
- Once you have accessed the keypad area, check to see if all of the buttons appear to be in working order. If they do, you can move on to the next step.
- You should clean out the corrosion by, for instance, using a nail file. Once you have removed the aforementioned circuit board and zeroed in on the ribbon that is slotted into the contact point, continue on to the next step.
- Put everything back together, and then check to see if the flashing of the error code ER has stopped.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code RA
his error code suggests that there was a problem with the rinse aid switch.
- Faculty rinse aid switch
- Connection problem
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code RA
The solution is to refill the dispenser for the rinse aid. If the problem continues to occur, you should investigate the wiring that connects the dispenser and the main control board.
If you are unable to locate the problem or find a solution to it, it is likely that you will need to replace the main control board.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code I60
This error code means that there is a problem with the system that heats the water.
- the heating element is broken
- the safety thermostat has been set off, the wiring isn’t working, and the thermal sensor isn’t working.
- the amount of water moving through the machine is low;
- The circulation pump is broken, and the control card is not working right.
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code I60
The solution to this problem is to either press and hold the cancel button for a few seconds or turn off the power to the dishwasher for five minutes.
If the error continues to occur, you will need to perform diagnostics on the water heating system or contact an expert to assist you in resolving the problem.
It’s possible that there’s a problem with the control panel, the heating element, or the thermostat.
If your dishwasher is connected to a hot water supply, there could also be a problem with that. Keep your eyes on that.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code IC0
This code indicates any malfunction in the electronic control system.
- Faulty wiring of your kitchen
- Disconnection with the electric line
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code IC0
The solution to this problem is to either press and hold the cancel button or turn off the power supply to the dishwasher for a period of five minutes.
Either of these actions should clear the error code.
If the error continues to occur, you will need to perform diagnostics on the electrical control system or contact an expert to assist you in resolving the problem.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code UF
This code indicates that the main control board is detecting that the vent fan motor is not running at the appropriate speed while the drying cycle is in progress.
- Malfunction of the control board
- Wrongly wired
How To Clear Frigidaire Error Code UF
Check both the vent assembly and the wiring that connects the main control board to the vent assembly.
To get the ventilation fan back up and running, you will need to replace it. If the error continues to occur, the primary control board should be changed.
How To Reset Your Frigidaire Dishwasher To Clear Error Codes
Dishwashers are an important part of your kitchen, so it’s important to keep them in good shape.
Your Frigidaire dishwasher may need to be reset for a number of reasons, like if the power goes out or if something goes wrong with the system.
First, make sure you know what the error code your machine is showing you mean.
Next, to reset the machine, either press the “off” button on the dishwasher or turn off the circuit breaker.
Step One: Read The Error Codes
Error Codes I50, I60, And IC0 Mean That The System Has Failed.
Check to see if your dishwasher’s error code is one of the ones that start with “i.” There are many Frigidaire error codes that start with a lowercase I but codes i50, i60, and iC0 all mean that something is wrong with the system of your dishwasher.
If any of these three abbreviations show up, something is wrong with your wash motor, water heating system, or electronic control system, respectively.
Most of the time, these problems can be fixed by turning the power back on to the dishwasher.
There are more I errors, like i10, i20, i30, i40, and iF0, but they all have to do with leaks and drainage instead of a system failure. One way to fix these is to check the drain hose.
PF Means That The Power Went Out.
If “PF” or “power failure” shows up on the screen, there may be a problem with the dishwasher’s power supply.
This error will show up whenever the power to the dishwasher goes down or goes out completely.
Don’t worry if you see this code. Power failures can be caused by many things, like a power outage.
Don’t mix this error up with dP or FL, which mean problems with the drain pump or water valve, respectively.
Errors UF, ER, CE, And CL Are All Caused By Problems With The Wiring.
Before you try to fix your dishwasher, make sure you know what’s wrong with it.
Codes like UF, ER, CL, and CE, which stand for Vent Open, Stuck Key, Close Door, and Configuration Error, mean that your wiring system isn’t working right.
Before you call an electrician, try turning the machine off and on again to see if that works. If you’re not sure you know what you’re doing, don’t try to fix the wiring in your dishwasher.
Step 2 : Reset The Dishwasher
Keep The Cancel Button Pressed Down For At Least 3 Seconds.
Find the cancel button on the control panel’s far right side. Hold this button down for 3 seconds or until the light display goes out or changes.
This will reset the dishwasher. This is the fastest way to turn your dishwasher off without unplugging it.
Lights that stay on don’t always mean that your dishwasher has a mechanical problem.
If you just washed a load of dishes, the green “clean” light will stay on even after you open the door.
Don’t Turn The Dishwasher Back On For 5 Minutes.
Keep the dishwasher off for a few minutes before pressing the “start” button for 1-2 seconds. Most models have the “start” button on the top half of the “cancel” button.
If the reset process works, the error code won’t be shown anymore. On the right side of the control panel, you can also find the start button.
If Turning Off The Dishwasher Doesn’t Work, Turn Off The Breaker.
Find the circuit breaker that runs your Frigidaire dishwasher and turn it off for 5 minutes.
Disconnecting the power gives the dishwasher a few minutes to reset, which can be more effective than turning the machine on and off.
After 5 Minutes, Turn The Power Back On To The Dishwasher.
Turn the circuit breaker back on and look at the dishwasher’s display.
If the screen doesn’t show any error codes, try running a test load with a few plastic or cheap dishes on a rinse-only cycle.
If everything works right, your Frigidaire dishwasher can be used as usual. But if neither of these works, call customer service or a repair service.
FAQs about Frigidaire dishwasher error codes
What Does Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code DP Show Us?
This error number shows that the drain pump was turned on while the relay was being tested.
What Is Revealed By The Error Code FL?
This error code reveals that the water valve was operated incorrectly while the relay was being tested.
What Does Error Code Sd Mean?
Frigidaire error code Sd means the detergent dispenser was operated improperly while a relay test was being performed.
We have tried to guide you in indicating and clearing some common Frigidaire dishwasher error codes.
It would be easier for you to solve the problems of your dishwasher if you are well aware of these codes.
If there is an error code that is not listed, contact Frigidaire for further information about what it could be and how they can assist you in fixing it.