Le Creuset is now a trendy choice for its brilliant features & performance. You will rarely find people who don’t have this smart appliance.
So everyone has a common query that can I put le Creuset in the dishwasher? Well, we will give an informative answer to your question & give some tips & tricks to clean le Creuset perfectly.
Can you put le Creuset in the dishwasher?
The le Creuset is 100% dishwasher safe. So, you can put le Creuset cookware in the dishwasher without any worries. The cookware will be clean & sanitized properly in the dishwasher.
But la Creuset provides different types of pots & pans. You should not put Le Creuset cast iron, aluminum, or non-stick pots & pans in the dishwasher regularly.
As nonstick coating has a high chance of wearing out & cast iron & aluminum will get rust & scratches if you wash them in the dishwasher every day.
So, we recommend manual cleaning for non-stick pots & pans. But if you want to wash occasionally in the dishwasher, then you can certainly do. So depending on the materials of la Creuset cookware, the answer can vary. So check the materials carefully.
Le Creuset cleaning tips
If you follow some tricks & tips, you can increase the durability of your Creuset cookware. Look at the below-cleaning care tips.
- First, keep your appliance cool down properly. If you try to clean hot cookware, that can damage your favorite pan. It has a high risk of creating cracks in enamel surfaces.
- If your pan contains a lot of food stuck, then you can fill the pan with warm water & keep it rest for 10-20 minutes. Then remove the water & see the magic. The stuck food will come out without scrubbing.
- It is better to use a smooth plastic scraper or brush to take out food particles from the pan instead of a harsh brush.
- You should clean the non-stick pan manually. It is not only applicable for le Creuset appliances but also for other brands. You can use a sponge & dishwashing liquid to clean the non-stick pan. But never use metal scrapers to clean le Creuset appliances. It will create scratches & damage the smooth finishing or coating of the cookware.
- If you have stuck food residue on the pan, never start scrubbing immediately. First, pour some hot, warm water & keep it rest for 20-25 minutes. Then the residue will automatically come out from the pan.
- Before putting the le Creuset in the dishwasher, clean out all the food particles from the pan.
- Apply a specific type of stain cleaner to your dishwashing machine.
- After cleaning, you can keep the cookware in the rack to dry out. Or you can use a towel to wipe the appliance & make it dry instantly. But don’t store any wet pans because that can damage the appliance’s coating.
Best way to clean le Creuset
Earlier, we mentioned that regular cleaning in the dishwasher could damage or give a stain on your le Creuset cookware. In that case, you can apply manual cleaning tricks. To get a sparkling clean of le Creuset, follow the below steps:
- Pour warm water into the pans & mix baking soda with vinegar
- Keep the mixture for 20 minutes
- If the dish or pan contains stubborn stains, apply 1tbl spoon bleach with warm water & keep it for 2-3 hours.
- Use an eraser or cleaning pads to clean the dish. It will make your dish sparkling, healthy & germ-free.
Tips to remove stubborn stains from le Creuset?
Yet le Creuset appliances are dishwasher safe; it is not possible to get perfect cleaning from a dishwasher machine if the cookware contains stubborn stains. In that scenario, you need to follow some tricks to say goodbye to the stains.
Manual scrubbing is painful as well as dangerous. It can create thousands of scratches on your favorite pan. So check out the below tricks if you don’t want to damage your expensive footwear.
Tricks 1: Bleach therapy
You can take a large bowl & pour warm water into the bowl. Then put 1-2tbls spoon blanch into the water.
Then pour the utensils, pans, oven into the mixture & keep them sinking for the whole night.
After waking up in the morning, you will see all the massive stains are gone.
Tricks 2: Try Baking Soda
You need to pour water into the pot or oven directly. Then add 2-3 tbl spoon baking sodas. Mix them till they dissolve properly.
Now place the pan on the stove to boil the water.
You can also make a baking soda paste to get rid of stains. Take a little bowl to mix baking soda & water to derive a thick paste.
Then circulate the paste all over the stain or burn area & keep it rest for the whole night.
Read More: What Is The Rinse Aid On Dishwasher?
The next morning you can spray some vinegar onto the soda paste. It is essential to soften the soda mixture so that you can wash out the pans effortlessly using a soft sponge.
Video: How to Clean Le Creuset
FAQs about Putting Le Creuset In The Dishwasher?
Is le Creuset cast iron dishwasher safe?
All the le Creuset appliances are dishwasher safe. As they launch well-built products, dishwashers won’t do any harm to them. You can clean any le Creuset cast iron pan in the dishwasher. But regular washing has a chance to give scratches in cast iron coating.
Can you put enamel in the dishwasher?
Any brands dishwasher that is coated with enamel is not wise to put in the dishwasher. It has a high risk of wearing out the enamel coating.
Can Le Creuset Dutch oven be put in the dishwasher?
Le Creuset stoneware oven is safe to put in the dishwasher. But if the Dutch oven comes with enameled coating, then try to avoid the dishwasher.
We hope this article will help you to take care of your Le Creuset cookware. If you follow these tricks, we can assure you that the lifespan of your appliances will be increased by 2x. If you have any queries about Le Creuset, feel free to ask us.