We often think about the cleanliness of our stainless steel pots. The question, “ can stainless steel pots go in the dishwasher?” may come to our mind rapidly.
The question is logical as proper washing ensures the gloss and durability of our utensils. Moreover, it is necessary to preserve and cook our foods healthily.
In this article, we will give you the answer. Also, you will be guided in cleaning your stainless steel pots perfectly and harmlessly.
Can Stainless Steel Pots Go in the Dishwasher?
Yes, stainless steel pots can go in the dishwasher if they are marked “ dishwasher free” by their manufacturers. So, firstly notice if your pots have a “dishwasher safe” label on their body or the user’s manual.
However, not all stainless steel pots are “dishwasher safe”. Some pots can be easily damaged by harsh and harmful dishwasher detergents.
They can also lose their durability of frequent stains, dullness, corrosions and watermarks. For them, adopt hand washing with some gentle detergents. Rinse and dry them quickly to avoid watermarks.
To sum up, whether you can use a dishwasher on not completely depends on the type of stainless steel you are using.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Pots Using a Dishwasher
Do not just through your pots just after knowing that they are dishwasher safe. If you do not follow the proper procedure of cleaning your pots, they may still be hampered. Know the steps below for a perfect cleaning experience.
- Firstly, remove the solid residue from your pots. These food particles can clog into your dishwasher and hamper its activities
- If you can not remove them by hand, use a wooden spatula to rescue the scraps of heavy foods. Avoid unnecessary scrubbing. Rather, you can rinse them well before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Now it’s your turn to put your pots in the dishwasher. You can put them on their side in the bottom rack. Keeping their mess-side down the bottom rack will also do.
- Read the manual to know which procedure of placing the pots is preferable.
- Add some gentle detergents like Finish Quantum or Cascade Platinum Action Rack. They are specially made for cleaning stainless steel utensils.
- Set your dishwasher to the pots and pan setting cycle. If the dishwasher does not have this setting, choose the longest cycle. It will help you to clean them smoothly
- Now, they are neat and clean. Take them out and make them dry quickly. Keep them in a dry, cool and good air circulated place.
Read More: Best Dishwasher Safe Pots And Pans Set
What are the safety precautions while cleaning stainless steel pots in the dishwasher?
- Do not give the utensils of other materials while putting your stainless steel pots in your dishwasher.
- Give enough space to your pots so that they do not have any scratch
- Always use quality metal friendly detergent in your dishwasher
- Make sure that your dishwasher has a danger-free and hygienic dishwashing process.
How can I clean my pots if they are not dishwasher safe?
In this case, you have to clean them manually with your hands. Firstly, take off the scraps of food. You can rinse it primarily. Then take a soft sponge and rub some good dishwasher detergent with it
Scrub the pots thoroughly to remove all the oils, residues and grease. Rinse the pots properly and make them dry immediately. Your pots are perfectly ready to use or store.
For the stubborn and strong residue, use warm water mixed with baking soda. Keep them on the pot for a while and then clean it.
Read More: Can You Put Pots And Pans In The Dishwasher?
FAQs About Cleaning Stainless Steel Pots in the Dishwashers
How Can I Know My Pots Are Dishwasher Safe?
You can easily know it from the pots you have bought. Find the sticker on the pot’s body. It may be written or indicated by a symbol. If you find a “ dishwasher safe” marking or a symbol indicating a square full of utensils, your pot is dishwasher free.
If you do not find it on the body, check the user manual. Hopefully, you will find it. If you fail to find it, visit the manufacturers’ website or contact them directly.
How Can I Save My Energy And Water While Using A Dishwasher?
Use water and energy-saving model of dishwashers. Many dishwashers are manufactured to use less electricity and water nowadays. They can save water up to 39000 gallons during their lifetime. You can choose one of them.
Before buying your dishwasher, check its features consciously. Some dishwashers have soil sensors by which they can measure the intensity of dirt on the pots.
Then, they spend their energy according to this measurement. This saves electricity. Their smart water filtering and sprinkling technology save water.
Find these features in your dishwasher to save your energy, water as well as money.
If There Are Some Watermarks Or Stains Because Of Using The Dishwasher, How Can I Remove Them?
Firstly rinse the pots with pure water several times. Then spread some white vinegar on the pots or the stained areas.
After some time, sprinkle some baking soda on it. Take a soft napkin and rub gently. The stain will be lighter gradually and then vanish. You can also use rubbing alcohol to remove them.
If they do not work, make a paste with baking soda and lemon juice and apply it to the stains or marks. It is very effective to remove any stain.
We hope now you know the answer to the question, “Can Stainless Steel Pots Go in the Dishwasher?”. If you use your utensils and dishwasher smartly, it will both your time and energy.
Read the full article carefully to ensure your smart cleaning of the stainless steel pots. These pieces of information will pave the way to use your pots in the long term.
Also, remember that frequent use of dishwashers can never be a wise choice. Sometimes serve them with a gentle wash with your hand. It will ensure more durability.