The safety of using instant pots lies in properly cleaning their lids. Here a question arises, “ can the instant pot lid go in the dishwasher?”
Lids control the air pressure and the right temperature of your cooking. So, for a healthy and tasty cooking experience, you must know the right way of cleaning your instant pot lids.
The article will make you walk through the way you are searching for. It will answer the question and teach you how to wash your instant pot lid.
Can Instant Pot Lid Go in Dishwasher
Yes, the instant pot lid can go in the dishwasher. You have to know which parts of the lid you should dismantle before putting them in the dishwasher.
Generally, most of the parts of instant pots are dishwasher-safe. One thing is to keep in mind that they are only washable on the top rack of your dishwasher.
So, if you want to dishwasher your instant pot lid, please place it on the top rack to clean them properly.
Putting them on the other racks may cause damage to both your lid and dishwasher.
How to Wash your Instant Pot Lid in Dishwasher?
Don’t just rush near your dishwasher and throw your lid on it soon after hearing that they are dishwasher safe. It’s not the proper way of cleaning.
If you do not follow the appropriate and whole procedure of cleaning your instant pot lid, it may go in vain. How should you clean the lid then?
Well, we are here to help you know the cleaning process step by step.
First of all, dismantle the parts of your instant pot lid. Most of the instant pot lids have four separate parts. They are
- Anti-block shield
- Pressure/ steam release knob
- Sealing ring
- The main body of the lid
You have to separate the anti-block shield, pressure release knob, and stealing ring from the main body of the lid.
- The silicone sealing ring below your instant pot lid gathers most residues and odor. It is very crucial to remove it from the lid for proper cleanliness. To remove it, pull the ring gently. Take care it doesn’t lose its shape or size for the removal process. It will cause the hamper of your cooking later. After removing, it is ready to put in the dishwasher separately.
- Now comes the anti-block shield and pressure release knob. Anti block shield is not dishwasher safe. So, it’s mandatory to remove while putting the lid in the dishwasher.
- It needs hand washing with soapy water and cleaning cloths or brushes. It is the round metal part on the bottom of the lead. Push the shield slowly to remove them without any damage. Keep them to wash with mild soap.
- Similarly, the pressure release knob is too little to be cleaned in the dishwasher. You will find it under the silicone cap. Take it out and keep washing it in soapy water with the anti-block shield
- If you have some visible dirt on the body of the lid, you can scrub it lightly and rinse it. Now the main body and the sealing ring are ready to put in the top rack of the dishwasher. Place them and turn on the complete cycle using dishwasher detergent.
- To sanitize them, you may again start the hot water cycle as it kills the germs. Now they are properly cleaned
- To clean the anti-block shield, take the solution of hot water and mild soap. Soak a clean napkin or brush into it. Rub the shield gently with it and rinse it.
- In the same way, clean the pressure release knob
- All of the parts of your instant pot lid are well washed. Let them dry. Then, place them back in their proper places. Isn’t it simple?
FAQs about washing Instant Pot Lid in Dishwasher
How often should I clean my instant pot lid?
There is not any rigid timetable for cleaning your lid. Your pot lid gathers as much dirt and residue as your instant pot.
So clean the lid whenever you clean your pot. It’s better to clean the lid along with the whole pot after each use.
If you do not clean it regularly, the pressure valves and anti-block may gather excessive dirt. It will result in a spilled kitchen or any accident.
How can I reduce the odor from the silicone sealing ring of my instant pot ring?
Long-term food residue gives birth to many germs, and the germs cause bad smells in the lid and the sealing ring. To prevent it, you must wash them regularly and sterilize them.
If it doesn’t work, remove the sealing and soak it in white vinegar overnight. Then wash it in the dishwasher.
If possible, use a separate sealing ring for the sweet and savory foods. Change the rings in every 10-12 months.
How to remove stains and watermarks from my instant pot lid?
The process is as easy as removing stains from the other utensils. Firstly clean the lid and rinse it repeatedly. Then use stain removing agents on the lid.
You can use baking soda or white vinegar. They are the most effective and least harmful cleaning agents. Keep them for a while and wash them out. The stains will vanish.
We hope you are satisfied with the answer to the question, “ can the instant pot lid go in the dishwasher?”. You can use your instant pots without any hustle or accidentally if you know the proper way of cleaning them.
For having a complex design, the cleanliness of your instant pot lid is more tricky. So, you must be aware of each step.
Follow the steps we have discussed above for a smooth and excellent cooking performance of your pots. It will save your time and make your dishes tastier.