Best Dishwasher under $800 In 2023
There are plenty of high-end dishwashers available for under $800.
But picking the best dishwasher requires deep research to pick a highly functional, durable, and convenient unit.
In this case, we have reviewed some of the best dishwashers that fit within budget and come with all the required essentials, to make your purchase easy.
But these models vary in size, capacity, and design and these are the deciding factors to pick the best dishwasher for your needs.
|Product Name||Key Features|
|Bosch 24″ White Full Console Dishwasher||✓ Hold maximum of 14 place settings.|
✓ Design with overflow protection system.
✓ Construct with a triple filtration system.
✓ Has the remaining time display.
|SPT SD-9263SS: 18″ Portable Dishwasher||✓ Includes rinse aid warning indicator.|
✓ Construct with stainless steel interior.
✓ Features error alarm.
✓ Comes with a faucet adapter for quicker installation.
|EdgeStar 18-Inch Built-In Dishwasher||✓ Has a leakage sensor.|
✓ Fits in a small kitchen.
✓ Has digital push buttons.
✓ Includes rinse aid compartment.
|Frigidaire 24″ Built-in Dishwasher||✓ Offer ultimate cleaning performance.|
✓ Have cycle status indicators.
✓ Hold up to 14 place settings.
✓ Has a durable polymer wash tub.
|Danby 18-Inch Built-in Dishwasher||✓ Has a delay start feature.|
✓ Have 4 hot water temperature options.
✓ Features 6 convenient wash cycles.
✓ Maintain ambiance in the kitchen.
|Summit 24″ ADA Compliant Dishwasher||✓ Fits under ADA-compliant counters.|
✓ Has stainless steel door.
✓ Construct with stainless steel interior.
✓ Has a front control display screen.
|GE 18″ Portable Dishwasher||✓ Cycle progress indicators.|
✓ Has child lock.
✓ Has powerful wash arms.
✓ Highly portable and functional.
|COSMO 24-inch Fingerprint Dishwasher||✓ Produce only 45 dB noise.|
✓ Hold up to 12 place settings.
✓ Has top control hidden panel.
✓ Integrated smart wash system.
|Avanti Stainless Steel Dishwasher||✓ Has a soft touch control panel.|
✓ Resists rust and prevents scratching.
✓ Has a three-stage filtering system.
✓ Has delay start function.
Best Dishwasher under $800
1. Bosch 24″ White Full Console Dishwasher
- 14 Place Settings
- 6 Wash Cycles featuring 2 Options
- Sanitize Option
- Delay Start
- Standard Racks
Note: It’s the best budget dishwasher for washing any size and shape of dishes, thanks to its adjustable upper rack.
Indeed, this Bosch Ascenta Full Console Dishwasher is the best dishwasher under $800 for all purposes.
It means whatever you require a full-size dishwasher for a larger family needs with convenient features and performance, you’ll find this item handy.
This quiet dishwasher is compatible with all the regular electrical outlets and cleans up to 14 place settings by applying 6 washing cycles.
The dishwasher also has delayed starts and a standard rack for cleaning sensitive items safely following the desired schedule.
Precise cleaning performance
Many users complain that they need to clean around 30% of dishes manually after unloading from the dishwasher.
But you won’t need to face such a hassle using this Bosch standard size dishwasher. Its intelligent sensor and powerful spray arms clean each dish thoroughly.
This freestanding dishwasher will give you extra in every single aspect, whether it is place settings, wash cycle, energy, or water saving.
It means you won’t have to worry about an unexpected visitor, stuck food particles, or an unexpected electricity bill.
This 24-inch freestanding dishwasher has multiple convenient features, including a sanitize option, delay start, and start racks.
You’ll be notified automatically after the end of the cycle.
- Only produce 50 dB noises.
- Has triple filtration system.
- Includes side-mount silverware and two cup shelves.
- Suitable for convenient and longer service life.
- The rack wheels aren’t durable enough.
Does this dishwasher have a hard food disposer?
Will I need to buy an installation kit separately?
Yes, you have to buy a dishwasher connector hose and a power cord.
2. SPT SD-9263SS: 18″ Portable Dishwasher
- SD-9263SS 18″ PORTABLE DISHWASHER
Note: This dishwasher is very easy to install and operate
If you need a portable and stylish dishwasher for your medium-sized kitchen, even under your budget, check out this SPT SD-9263SS Portable Dishwasher.
This 18-inch portable dishwasher comes with a beautiful exterior along with powerful cleaning performance.
Apart from its 8 place settings and 6 wash cycles, this portable dishwasher is compatible with all the kitchen faucets.
It means you’ll have worry-free plumbing and permanent installation to enjoy its convenient and efficient operation.
Unlike the previous item, this portable dishwasher is constructed of stainless steel.
This durable material will prevent mold build-up inside of the unit while heating the water more quickly to save energy and water consumption.
This 18-inch portable dishwasher holds up to 8 place settings and lets them clean through 6 different wash cycles based on their condition and your preferences.
Despite this, its 90-minute quick wash cycle will deliver sparkling clean dishes within a short time to meet your emergency needs.
It has a time delay function, an error alarm, an adjustable upper rack, and a rinse aid indicator.
Combining these, this quiet dishwasher will make your kitchen maintenance tasks more appropriate, safe, and efficient.
- Made of Stainless Steel Interior
- Compatible with all kitchen faucets
- Easy to transport with thicker rubber wheels
- Includes faucet adapter
- The accessories that come with this dishwasher are not durable.
How tall is this dishwasher without a wheel?
It is 33 inches high without a wheel.
Does this dishwasher come with a faucet adapter?
Yes, it includes everything needed to connect to a standard faucet.
3. EdgeStar 18-Inch Built-In Dishwasher
- Accommodates up to eight (8) place settings and features a silverware basket and cup tray
- Six (6) Wash Cycles: Heavy, Normal, ECO, Glass, Rapid, and Rinse; Three (3) Options: Sanitize, Hi Temp, Heated Dry
- At only 17.75 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great option.
- Leakage sensor automatically shuts off water flow when a leak is detected to protect your home from water damage
- Quiet 52dB operation keeps the disturbance to a minimum; Dimensions 32.5″ H x 17.6″ W x 22.4″ D; Weight: 52.9 lbs
Note: This dishwasher is suitable for a kitchen with small spaces
Many homeowners prefer black and built-in dishwashers to increase the décor of the kitchen while fitting in small spaces and limiting the budget.
It’s quite tough to find such a demanding combo. So shouldn’t miss this EdgeStar Built-In Dishwasher if you also have such requirements.
This compact dishwasher is only 17.75 inches wide, has a SS interior, and has enough capacity to serve small to medium family needs.
Comes under $600, this built-in dishwasher holds 8 place settings and allows it to operate through 6 wash cycles.
This compact dishwasher shuts off the water flow automatically if it detects any leakage.
This way, it protects the home from water damage, making it preferable for any busy or beginner user.
Rinse aid compartment
This built-in dishwasher will remove all tiny spots while also preventing film buildup.
That’s why it will let you get sparkling clean and completely dry dishes very quickly out of the dishwasher.
Although it comes at a considerably low price, this dishwasher still features light indicators and twice the price options.
This will help you unload the dishes at the right time after completing the cycle.
- Have a silverware basket and a cup tray.
- Comes at a relatively lower price.
- Keep the environment calm while running.
- Has a leakage sensor.
- You’ll need to buy a hose and an electrical cord separately.
Where to buy a power cord for this dishwasher?
This dishwasher’s 5 foot, 3 wire extension cords are available at Walmart or a similar store.
How much water does a dishwasher consume per normal wash cycle?
2.5-4.9 gallons per wash.
4. Frigidaire 24″ Built-in Dishwasher
- Size: Exterior Width 24″Cutout Depth 24″ Cutout Height 35.25″ Cutout Width 24″ Depth 25″ Height 33.5″ – 35″ Width 24″ Volts: 120 Volts. Amps: 15 Amps. Frequency: 60 Hz.
- A Thorough Clean Every Time: Three separate spray arms give your dishes the ultimate clean every time. Heated Drying System: Heating element helps dry your dishes the first time. Cycle Status Indicators: Know when your dishes are washing, drying and clean with the status indicators.
- Time-Saving 4-Hour Delay Start: Set your dishwasher to run on your schedule. It can be set to run 4 hours in advance. Filtration System: Self-cleaning filter eliminates food particles, keeping dishes clean. Durable Polymer Wash Tub; Supports the drying process, keeping dishes dry the first time.
- Additional Features: Heat, No heat dry, Hi-temp wash, Upper Rack: basic, Lower Rack: SpaceWise Silverware Basket
- Cycles: Number of Cycles 3, PowerPlus (Heavy), Normal, Light, Cycle Indicator Light, Control Lock
Note: This dishwasher is perfect for cleaning dishes with extremely sticky food particles
This Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher is fairly comparable to a typical 24-inch full-size dishwasher.
The features made comparable are 14 place settings, wash cycles, SS construction, and energy star certification.
So, how does this item claim to be the best dishwasher under $800?
The feature that makes this dishwasher unbeatable and optimum compared to others is its thorough cleaning ability.
Unlike the typical items, this dishwasher has 3 separate spray arms to deliver ultimate cleaning performance every time, regardless of the condition of the dishes.
This Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher is made of stainless steel to ensure a longer lifespan and lower energy and water consumption.
Despite this, its SS finish will also add a modern touch to the kitchen décor.
Improved filtration system
This 24-inch built-in dishwasher has a self-cleaning filter. So the dishwasher will remove the sticky food particles automatically to offer you spotlessly clean dishes every time.
Delay start function
After owning this built-in dishwasher, you can set the washing time based on your schedule up to 4 hours later.
For added convenience, this dishwasher has a cycle status indicator and a heated fry system.
- This dishwasher is energy star certified.
- Has an impressive filtration system.
- Have multiple racks and baskets to place different shapes and sizes of dishes.
- Includes three separate spray arms.
- Some users complain that this dishwasher is made of thin stainless steel.
How tall is this dishwasher?
It is 32 inches tall.
Is the interior of this dishwasher made of plastic?
5. Danby 18-Inch Built-in Dishwasher
- Space saving 18” wide built in dishwasher for compact space living
- 8 place setting capacity and silverware basket
- Dimensions: 17 11/16″ W x 22 13/16″ D x 32 8/16″ H | Max Adjustable Product Height: 34 7/16″
- Energy star compliant with low water consumption
- Electronic controls with Digital display provide easy select options with the touch of a button
- Delay start feature: washing dishes shouldn’t be a chore, schedule your washing around your schedule
- 6 convenient wash cycles: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Rapid, Glass and Rinse .
- 4 hot water temperature options + Sanitize option (up to 69C/156F)
- Stainless Steel Inner Tub for maximum durability
- Quiet operation – Maintain ambience in the kitchen with this quiet dishwasher. Operates at 52db which is less than a normal conversation
Note: This dishwasher is quite lightweight and easy to carry.
This Danby Built-in Dishwasher is another of the great dishwashers under your budget that you can find.
Apart from its functionality and capability, this 18-built-in dishwasher comes in three different colors, including white, black, and stainless.
It means you can easily pick the desired appliances to match your interior décor and enjoy effortless and efficient cleaning performance.
Apart from that, this dandy dishwasher has some unique functions along with conventional features.
Hot water temperature
An impressive yet unique feature includes four different water temperature settings.
It means you can set the temperature based on the condition of your dishes and save extra energy at the same time.
Easy to operate
This built-in dishwasher is designed with electronic control and a digital display.
So you can easily select the functions by simply touching the button. It also offers a seamless look to the dishwasher.
Stainless Steel Inner Tub
Many customers prefer dishwashers with stainless steel tubs to make the operation quicker and withstand years of rough use.
It’s a bonus to have such a combo at a limited price.
- Have a delayed start feature and a silverware basket.
- Hold up to 8 place settings.
- Construct with stainless steel inner tub.
- Save time and money on kitchen maintenance tasks.
- The user manual isn’t very helpful.
Does this dishwasher have a drying cycle?
What are the accessories I’ll need to buy to hook up this dishwasher?
You will need a drain hose, base plate cover, hose clamp, and elbow.
6. Summit 24″ ADA Compliant Dishwasher
- ENERGY STAR qualified performance to save on electricity and water usage
- Stainless steel door for a professional look in any kitchen
- Designed with a 32 1/8″ height to fit under lower ADA compliant counters
- Advanced sound absorption technology for quiet operation
- Front controls with a large display screen and easy-to-use buttons for intuitive operation
Note: This dishwasher detects detergent automatically to deliver thoroughly clean dishes every time.
It’s incredibly difficult to find a dishwasher under $800 that fits under the lower countertop, looks modern, and delivers optimum performance.
In this case, you can depend on this Summit Dishwasher, which is designed and constructed in Europe.
This dishwasher is only 32 1/8″ tall, allowing it to fit under ADA-compliant counters.
The dishwasher is also energy-star certified, making it perfect for operating using the least amount of energy and water.
Though most of the dishwashers we reviewed above are considerably quieter, this item is quieter.
It is designed with advanced sound absorption technology, so this dishwasher only produces 49dB of noise. It means you can operate this appliance at night too.
Ease of use
This dishwasher is designed with a large front control display and buttons. So reading and setting the functions as well as intuitive operation won’t be a big issue.
With a stainless steel door, this dishwasher will not only bring a professional look to the kitchen but also maximize its durability.
- Suitable for lower ADA-compliant counters
- Absorb sound more efficiently.
- Has Stainless steel door.
- Hold up to 12 Place Settings
- The dishwasher is heavier than other items.
Does this dishwasher have leveling leg?
Can I install this dishwasher myself?
Yes, but it’s better to call a plumber.
7. GE 18″ Portable Dishwasher
Note: This dishwasher offers better control over the dishes’ cleaning job.
If you have a child in the home and want to have a dishwasher from a reliable brand, look no further than this GE Portable Dishwasher.
GE is one of the industry’s leading companies that produce innovative and efficient appliances and industrial equipment across the world.
Despite this, this portable dishwasher features a child safety lock. It means your kids or other people won’t be able to switch on or operate this appliance accidentally.
Piranha Hard Food Disposer
Along with two typical wash cycles, this dishwasher includes a unique cycle named “piranha hard food disposer.
It means this dishwasher pulverizes food particles with its powerful rotation.
Despite this, the function also prevents large particles from clogging and offers clean items consistently.
Nylon gray racks
The dishwasher comes with nylon gray racks and ball-tipped tines to offer plenty of space to hold 8 place settings. The feature also ensures improved loading flexibility.
This dishwasher not only allows you to set the cleaning schedule up to 12 hours later but also features last cycle memory.
It means you can check the previous washing cycle and repeat it to get the same performance regularly.
- Reduce almost all bacteria from dishes.
- Has a powerful wash arm.
- Have plenty of space and a basket to load dishes conveniently.
- Offer one year warranty.
- The dishwasher is slightly noisier than its competitors.
How much is this dishwasher?
It is 36 inches tall.
Does this dishwasher have an eco-friendly wash cycle?
8. COSMO 24-inch Fingerprint Dishwasher
- QUIET OPERATION: Built-in dishwasher features ultra-quiet operation at only 45 dB with exterior sound insulating pads pre-installed
- LARGE CAPACITY: 24 in. tall tub dishwasher accommodates up to 12 place settings to wash multiple dishes at once; upper rack to accommodate large or irregular-sized dishes; large capacity lower rack easily accommodates plates, bowls, and cookware
- FUNCTIONS: 4 Wash Cycles–Normal, Auto, Heavy, Express–featuring 2 Options, including Heated Dry, Sanitize Rinse and Delay Start; Multiple filter system saves water and energy by separating soiled and clean water
- HIDDEN CONTROL PANEL: Touch-enabled control panel at top of the door makes operation effortless, easy access, and wipes clean
- 1-YEAR LIMITED: Our customer support team is based proudly in the USA; Product Dimensions: 23.75″ (W) x 22.25″ (D) x 33.75″ (H); Electrical Requirements: 120V or 60Hz, 3-Prong Plug/Water Line Fitting (NOT INCLUDED), 3/8 Pipe Fitting necessary for installation sold separately
Note: It’s a beginner-friendly dishwasher
If you are living in a sensitive environment and need the quietest operation while cleaning dishes, buying this COSMO Dishwasher won’t disappoint you.
This dishwasher comes in under your budget and only produces 45 dB of noise.
It means the dishwasher both fits into the budget and meets the demand of keeping the environment calm to avoid disturbing neighbors and families.
Despite this, this 24-inch full-size dishwasher accommodates up to 12 place settings, making it perfect for any large family’s needs.
Hidden control panel
Worth an alternative to a child safety lock, this dishwasher features a hidden top control panel.
This touch enables a control panel that will make the operation effortless, easy to clean the unit, and prevent accidental operation.
Apart from its 4 wash cycles, this dishwasher has a sanitized, delayed start, and heat dry function.
It means you can run the right cycle based on the condition of the dishes at the desired time and get healthy as well as completely dry dishes out of the unit.
This dishwasher is UL listed, energy star certified and NSF certified. These all assure that the unit will conserve energy while operating and let you pay less for utilities.
- Construct with Stainless Steel Tub.
- Suitable for loading large or irregular-sized dishes.
- Includes exterior sound insulating pads.
- Offer a 1-year warranty.
- Sometimes the bottom rack doesn’t roll smoothly.
How to turn off this dishwasher?
This dishwasher turns itself off.
Does this dishwasher come with everything required for installation?
No, it only includes a drain hose.
9. Avanti Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- Country Of Origin: China
- Model Number: DW1833D3SE
- Item Package Dimensions: 20.5″ L x 26.5″ W x 34.75″ H
- Item Package Weight: 70.0 lb
Note: The dishwasher is suitable for any little kitchen
Our last recommendation for a dishwasher under 800 dollars is this Avanti dishwasher.
This full console dishwasher is fairly lightweight and has almost all the functions you might look for.
Apart from its comparable load capacity and wash cycle, this dishwasher has an incredible function called the “soft touch control panel.
It means operating this dishwasher will be effortless and convenient while having a seamless appearance.
Despite this, its stainless steel construction won’t disappoint you in terms of durability, especially while investing a good amount of money.
Apart from its stainless steel tub, this dishwasher has a nylon rack coating. That’s why the dishwasher won’t get rusty and scratched.
Hence, you’ll have a newer, shiny-looking appliance even after months of use.
This dishwasher is designed with a three-stage filtration system. It means the unit will filter the tiniest food particles and prevent clogging in the hose as well as water damage.
The dishwasher has all the typical functions required to clean dishes efficiently, including 6 wash cycles, an LED indicator, a delayed start, and baskets.
Combining these, you’ll have better control over the dishwashing job and get the optimum performance.
- The dishwasher is rust and scratch resistant.
- Has a recessed handle.
- Has a highly effective filtration system.
- Suitable for smaller spaces.
- Some users find the gasket is too short
Does this dishwasher have a heated dry function?
Does it include Rinse Aid Dispenser?
Features To Look For In A Dishwasher Under Your Budget
Since manually washing can’t clean the stuck food particles or unwanted odors, investing in a good dishwasher is the right decision.
However, it needs to go through some handy features to pick the best dishwasher under $800.
Manufacturers describe the capacity of the dishwasher in terms of the number of place settings it can hold.
One place setting means a standard number of cutlery and crockery that a person uses three times a day.
It usually includes a large plate, small plates, a cup, a bowl, and other essential cutlery.
But it’s a confusing process to determine the needed capacity of a dishwasher.
Instead, consider the number of people in your home and the number of place settings based on it.
Energy and water efficiency
The benefits of using the best dishwasher aren’t limited to efficient and effortless washing. It must save water and energy while running the cycle.
Even though most of the manufacturers offer an energy star-certified model, you still must check and verify it.
Multiple wash cycles
To get the most out of your investment, choose a dishwasher that has various cycles.
This will ensure improved versatility and allow you to set the cycle based on the type of cutlery and the amount of dirt on it.
Flexible shelves and baskets
If you have lots of different sizes and shapes of dishware to clean, choose a dishwasher that has multiple different layout options or a removable shelve.
In this case, a dishwasher with a cutlery tray and basket will be a handy appliance to place the sensitive and rough items from normal dishware in order to clean them safely.
This way, your dirty spoons, forks, and other utensils won’t hurt other dishes.
It’s one of the most convenient features you should look for in a dishwasher.
This will give you better control over your dishwasher and let you get the clean dishes up to 12 hours later.
If you have a high-density living space or apartment, buy a dishwasher that won’t disturb your surroundings while operating.
The dishwasher you’ll choose should produce less noise and keep the environment calm.
Tips to get the most out of your dishwasher
When it comes to cleaning dishes in a dishwasher, many users get confused between pre-rinse and without pre-rinse.
Some manufacturers recommend cleaning their dishes without pre-rinsing. However, removing food scraps will help you get sparkling clean dishes.
Despite this, you may get dishes left over from the dishwasher if the food residue is packed too tightly or if you load them incorrectly.
That’s why it’s better to empty the cups and scrape the food off the plate before putting it into the dishwasher.
Follow these tips to improve the performance of your dishwasher:
Place the pots, plates, and utensils on the bottom rack to clean them effectively.
Despite this, load the bowls, cups, glasses, and large serving utensils on the top rack.
Leave a little gap between the plates and bowls so the detergent and water can flush through properly and clean all the surfaces.
Place the knife face down in the cutlery basket to unload it safely. Despite this, you can place other items facing the eating side up to wash thoroughly.
Empty the hollow items like cups, bowls, and mugs before loading and place them face down to prevent water from pooling inside and dry them quickly.
While unloading the dishwasher, start from the bottom rack. The reason is that water can pool inside the cups and bowls, and doing so will dump back onto the dishes.
When you are looking for the best dishwasher under $800, you can check the premium model.
But the challenge is getting the appliance with balanced function, performance, and durability.
In this case, picking any of those dishwashers from the above list will make your purchase hassle-free and successful.
Lastly consider your kitchen spaces and family needs to pick the right appliance within your budget.