10 Best Dishwasher 2023 Consumer Reports (New Research)
Looking for the best dishwasher for your home? Look no further than the latest research from our Consumer Reports.
Our experts have analyzed the latest models and found the 10 best dishwashers for this year.
Whether you’re looking for a budget model or a top-of-the-line appliance, we’ve got you covered. So what are you waiting for?
|Product Name||Key Features|
|★ Best Integrated ★
1. Bosch 24″ 800 Series Fully Integrated Dishwasher
|✓ Has stainless steel tub.
✓ Features LED remaining time display.
✓ Holds up to 16 place settings.
✓ Includes flexible 3rd rack.
|★ Best Compact ★
2. BLACK+DECKER Compact Countertop Dishwasher
|✓ Has 7 wash cycles.
✓ Includes electronic touch controls LED display.
✓ Features delay start time and Child lock.
✓ Has easy-to-grip handle.
|★ Best Portable ★
3. SPT SD-9263SS Portable Dishwasher
|✓ Design with eight standard place settings.
✓ Ensure energy and cost-efficient dishwashing.
✓ Has stainless steel interior.
✓ Includes adjustable upper rack.
|★ Best Counter Top ★
4. KAPAS Portable Countertop Dishwasher
|✓ Design with build-in lights function.
✓ Have six wash programs.
✓ Construct with lower and upper spray arms.
✓ Has automatic water level indicator.
|★ Best Full Console Double Drawer ★
5. Fisher Paykel Full Console Double Drawer Dishwasher
|✓ Can hold up to 14 place settings.
✓ Has 15 cycles.
✓ Design with a stainless steel finish.
✓ Features delay start-up to 12 hours.
|6. GE Built-In Dishwasher with 4-Level Wash System||✓ Design with 4-Level wash system.
✓ Prevents large particles from clogging.
✓ Has 5 cleaning cycles.
✓ Construct with piranha hard food disposer.
|7. Danby 18 Inch Built-in Dishwasher||✓ Have 8 place setting capacities.
✓ Ensure low water consumption.
✓ Has 6 convenient wash cycles.
✓ Includes stainless steel tub.
|8. hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher||✓ Have light indicators.
✓ Comes with an inlet and drain hose.
✓ Has 6 wash cycles.
✓ Dry dishes quickly without marks or streaks.
|9. Farberware Professional Portable Countertop Dishwasher||✓ Suitable for small kitchen.
✓ Has a six-place setting capacity.
✓ Easier to carry around.
✓ Available at low cost.
|10. EdgeStar 18 Inch Wide Built-In Dishwasher||✓ Ensure quiet operation.
✓ Has leakage sensor.
✓ Design with six wash cycles.
✓ Have light indicators.
Best dishwasher consumer reports
1. Bosch 24″ 800 Series Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- Flexible 3rd Rack With Fold Down Sides Adds More Loading Area.
- InfoLight Beams On Floor To Indicate Dishwasher Is Running
- FlexSpace Tines Fold Back To Fit Your Larger Pots & Pans
- AquaStop Leak Protection Works 24/7
If you’re wondering which brand of the dishwasher is the most reliable? The name you will find is Bosch.
Despite this, the Bosch SHX878ZD5N 800 Series Fully Integrated Dishwasher is one of the upgraded models from the brands that have come to take reliability and satisfaction to the next level.
This dishwasher is made of a stainless steel tub that offers a beautiful look along with impressive heat endurance and durability.
This kitchen appliance is rated as the best dishwasher consumer reports in every category, including wash cycle, place setting, quiet operation, and convenience.
Adjustable Upper Rack
This built-in dishwasher has a middle rack that can be adjusted to 3 different heights along with 9 individual rack positions.
You will find this feature handy, especially for placing the taller appliances like stemware perfectly while still having enough room for 16 place settings.
Aside from the unbeatable reliability, Bosch has a reputation for producing the quietest dishwashers.
Even this fully integrated dishwasher produces only 42 dB of noise, making it perfect for operating at night and while the kids are sleeping.
This dishwasher is one of the expert’s recommended dishwashers for mid to large families with a busy kitchen.
The dishwasher features plenty of exciting functions, including an LED Remaining Time Display, 6 Wash Cycles, a Load Size Sensor, and Speed60.
Does the dishwasher have a warranty?
Yes, 1 year.
How much voltage do electric outlets require?
2. BLACK+DECKER Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 7 SUPERIOR WASH CYCLES: With this incredible BLACK+DECKER portable dishwasher, you find the right wash cycle that works for you and your dishes. Our 7 wash cycles for this 21.5” x 21.7” x 17.2” dishwasher machine include: Normal, Intensive, Eco, Glass, 90 Minutes, Rapid & Soak. Save water and time in the kitchen cleaning by letting this stainless steel dishwasher do all the hard work.
- LED DISPLAY: Set your wash cycle and time with ease thanks to this intuitive dish washer LED display. Thanks to its easy-to-navigate electronic touch controls, you can see remaining cycle time and even delay start time. Child lock included with portable dish washing machine to secure maximum safety.
- QUICK CONNECT: Hook up your must-have white dishwasher with a seamless Quick Connect assembly, hooking right up to the faucet. No need for direct plumbing or permanent installation. With this portable dishwasher, you conveniently connect when you need clean dishes and disconnect when not in use.
- IMPRESSIVE CAPACITY: This dishwasher portable ensures you can fit up to 6 place settings at one time. Plates, bowls, saucers, mugs, cups, wine glasses and utensils can be safely and securely positioned for a wash cycle of your choice.
- OUTSTANDING DESIGN: The interior of this spacious portable dishwasher is stainless steel, guaranteeing immaculately cleaned dishes after every use. Also featured is an easy-to-grip handle, which makes for easy dish washer loading and unloading. This BLACK+DECKER commercial dishwasher fits on top of many countertops (46.2 lbs.) and stores conveniently in cupboards, pantries and kitchen shelves.
If you have a small kitchen or are looking for a countertop dishwasher for a small family, check out this BLACK+DECKER Compact Countertop Dishwasher.
It’s one of the best compact dishwashers that can accept 6 place settings and is capable enough to carry out the cleaning process efficiently.
The dishwasher also has 7 wash cycles, including 90 minutes of fast cleaning, and offers enough room for placing 10-inch-diameter items.
Even considering the dish loading system and water connections, you will have the most efficient experience.
This portable dishwasher has a stainless steel interior that ensures cleaned dishes. The dishwasher also comes with ergonomic handles for easier loading and unloading of the dishes.
Installing this compact dishwasher is extremely effortless as it doesn’t require direct plumbing. Along with seamless Quick Connect assembly, this portable dishwasher can be carried out and set up anywhere for a convenient experience.
Plenty of wash cycle
This affordable countertop dishwasher features 7 handy wash cycles, which are larger than the Bosch dishwasher.
So you can pick the most desired wash cycle based on the dish’s situation and include rapid cleaning.
What is the height of this dishwasher?
Is the dishwasher quiet enough?
3. SPT SD-9263SS Portable Dishwasher
- SD-9263SS 18″ PORTABLE DISHWASHER
This SPT Portable Dishwasher comes in a stylish look with an advanced design that makes it a perfect addition to any kitchen.
With a combination of a beautiful exterior and powerful cleaning ability, this dishwasher will be a handy addition to any small to medium kitchen.
This dishwasher can be connected quickly and directly to any kitchen faucet, so you don’t need to worry about plumbing or permanent setup. Even the manufacturer offers a faucet adapter for efficient installation.
This energy-star-rated dishwasher has 8 place settings and six wash programs. The dishwasher also allows customizing the wash cycle based on the family’s requirements.
The dishwasher features plenty of user-friendly functions, including a rinse aid warning indicator and a time delay feature.
It means you can not only refill reminders on rinse aid but also set the program to start at a later time, up to 24 hours.
To ensure rust-free clean dishes, the manufacturer includes a stainless steel tub with this dishwasher. Plus, the machine has an automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser to clean the dishes most conveniently.
Does the dishwasher heat the water during the wash cycle?
Does it come with an electric plug?
4. KAPAS Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Build- in Lights Function, Portable Size: 16x16x17.5(H) inch, 26.4 LB Net Weight, Convenient Dishwasher can fit a Variety of Dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized Houses, Apartments, Dorms, Boats and Campers/RVs
- Multi Washing Programs: Six Wash Programs – Standard, Quick, Strong, ECO, Fruit and DRY. Lower and Upper Spray Arms give Dishes that Streak-Free Deep Cleaning
- Easy-To-Use Control Panel: The LED Digital Controls show a Clear Picture-View of Wash Controls and the Automatic Water Level Indicator Lets you Know When the Correct Water Level has been Reached
- Two Channel Filling up Water from Tank & Hose : If you want the Advantage of Portability and Storage, This Dishwasher gives you the Two Choice to Fill by the Built-in Tank or A Water Hose, Water Hose is Included (Adapter Included)
- Detergents: Pods, Liquid or Powder Detergents are All Acceptable and It’s Recommended to only Use Detergent Tablets When Running Long Cycles so the Tablets Fully Dissolve
If you are looking for a portable dishwasher for the most convenient use, try this Kapas Portable Countertop Dishwasher.
Apart from being extremely portable, this countertop dishwasher accepts all types of pods, liquids, or powder detergents.
It means you can use this dishwasher both indoors and outdoors and enjoy the most convenient clean dishes.
Even if you are wondering what the best-rated dishwasher from Consumer Reports is? You will find this dishwasher at the top of the list.
This countertop dishwasher will let you enjoy the benefits of both portability and storage, thanks to its two-channel filling system. In particular, the function allows you to fill up water using a hose and tank.
Another exciting feature is that this dishwasher accepts all types of detergents, whether they are liquids, pods, or powder. However, it is suggested to use detergent tablets with long cycles.
Automatic Water Level Indicator
This portable dishwasher features an LED digital display that allows you to see the wash controls, as well as an automatic water level indicator that helps you keep track of the correct water level.
Can I adjust the temperature?
Does the blue light stay on the whole cycle?
5. Fisher Paykel Full Console Dishwasher
- Up To 14 Place Settings
- 15 Cycles | 3 Options
- Independent Wash
- Flexible Racking
Do you want to have the most convenient dishwasher for better control over the kitchen maintenance tasks?
Check out this Fisher Paykel Full Console Double DishDrawer. As the name suggests, this dishwasher has a two-door that accepts up to 14 place settings and is designed with 15 cycles to let you apply the most appropriate wash cycle according to the dish’s conditions.
Plus, this luxurious dishwasher is extremely easy to use and the drawer opens and closes smoothly.
Multi usable drawer
Apart from placing the dishes for the most perfect cleaning, the drawer can be used for storing the dishes. You can wash the single drawer dishes separately and use the other one for safe storage.
Quite an operation
This dishwasher runs quite smoothly, so don’t make a loud noise. Therefore, you can run the dishwasher at any time confidently without disturbing other family members.
Along with SmartDrive Technology, this dishwasher is made of stainless steel. So the dishwasher will last for a long time after harsh use.
Does this dishwasher sanitize?
Can I run both drawers at a time?
6. GE Built-In Dishwasher With 4-Level Wash System
Next, we have the GE Built-In Dishwasher, which is another best dishwasher according to consumer reports.
The feature that makes this dishwasher impressive and attractive is its 4-Level Wash System, which can conquer any large particles and offer thoroughly cleaned dishes.
The dishwasher is considerably quieter compared to its same counterparts, but louder than the other dishwashers we have reviewed above.
Another exciting dishwasher offers plenty of space in the middle and top racks so you can store and clean a variety of dishes at a time.
Hard Food Disposer
This dishwasher can effectively break down the food and prevent the large particles from clogging to offer properly cleaned dishes.
Short wash function
It’s a handy wash cycle, especially for cleaning glassware, which requires a quicker and smoother wash cycle.
4 stage filtration system
Design with an extra filtration system, this dishwasher keeps the water clean for a long time. Washing the dishes in clean water restores the shiny look of the dishes.
Is the tub made of stainless steel?
Does the dishwasher feature an air-dry function?
7. Danby Built-in Dishwasher
- Space saving 18” wide built in dishwasher for compact space living
- 8 place setting capacity and silverware basket
- Dimensions: 17 11/16″ W x 22 13/16″ D x 32 8/16″ H | Max Adjustable Product Height: 34 7/16″
- Energy star compliant with low water consumption
- Electronic controls with Digital display provide easy select options with the touch of a button
- Delay start feature: washing dishes shouldn’t be a chore, schedule your washing around your schedule
- 6 convenient wash cycles: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Rapid, Glass and Rinse .
- 4 hot water temperature options + Sanitize option (up to 69C/156F)
- Stainless Steel Inner Tub for maximum durability
- Quiet operation – Maintain ambience in the kitchen with this quiet dishwasher. Operates at 52db which is less than a normal conversation
With a combination of low water consumption and a space-saving design, this Danby Built-in Dishwasher will make your kitchen maintenance tasks a breeze.
Along with saving money and time, this dishwasher won’t disturb the family members at all, thanks to its quiet operation.
Another impressive thing is that the dishwasher has four hot water temperature functions from which you pick the right temperature based on the food dispenser.
This compact dishwasher is only 18″ wide, which means it won’t take up much space in your kitchen. Apart from this, the dishwasher has a digital display that allows setting the option through a button.
Adjustable water temperature
This dishwasher has four different water temperature functions along with a sanitizing function up to 156F. This feature will offer you better control over the water temperature to clean the dishes suitably.
The dishwasher is available at a decent price considering its 8-place setting and 6 wash cycles. Plus, its low water consumption and energy star compliance will keep saving you money all through the life span of the dishwasher.
Does the dishwasher have a drying cycle?
Does the dishwasher come with all the essential requirements for installation?
Need to purchase an elbow and a hot water hose separately.
8. hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- A convenient and small Energy Star certified dish washing machine for cleaning the dishes after dinner or cooking. Simply load the dishes in the dish basket and cutlery rack and let this white dishwasher do the dirty job. Easily sits on countertops or tabletop requiring less space
- With simple to use control panel and light indicators. Program selector has 6 wash cycle options: heavy, normal, ECO, glass, speed, and rinse for your different dishwashing needs. Delay button light to postpone wash cycle
- Features a quick connect assembly with accessories including inlet and drain hose and a faucet adapter for water lines that are compatible with round-shaped faucet outlets with removable aerators, and 55/64″-27 male or 15/16″-27 female threads underneath
- Using the rinse aid dispenser, you can dry your plates, mugs, and glass quickly without the marks or streaks. Only use rinse aids designed for an automatic dishwasher to prevent damaging your dishwasher. An indicator light will let you know when to refill the dispenser
- This counter top appliance measures 17.2 x 19.6 x 21.6 inches with 6 standard place setting capacity perfect for small size household or individuals living in apartments with limited space for huge kitchen appliances
Don’t have enough space in the kitchen but still want to enjoy the hand-saving dish cleaning experience? Try this hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher.
Comes in a compact design, this dishwasher will let you enjoy all the benefits of a full-size dishwasher while fitting into a tiny space.
The dishwasher also has a special dish basket to place the dirty dishes in and clean them efficiently and quickly.
This budget-friendly dishwasher is extremely easy and quick to install as it comes with all the accessories, including a faucet adapter, and an inlet and drains hose. The process is also beginner-friendly.
Dispenser light indicator
This compact dishwasher has a rinse aid dispenser that allows you to clean the dishes properly without leaving any marks or streaks.
The dishwasher also has an indicator light that will alert the user of the right time for refilling the dispenser.
Convenient to use
The countertop dishwasher is designed with an easy-to-use control panel and a 6 wash cycle. Plus, it features a delay button light to reschedule the wash cycle.
What is the dimension of this dishwasher?
Dimensions: 21.6 x 19.6 x 17.2 inches
How many gallons of water are required for each cycle?
Around 4.3 – 12.5 liters of water considering the setting
9. Farberware Professional Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Dimensions: Depth – Door Shut (with Handle): 21.7″ | Depth – Door Shut (without Handle): 20″ | Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees: 29″ | Dishwasher Size: 21″ | Height – Maximum: 17.2″ | Height – Minimum: 17.2″ | Product Depth: 21.7″ | Product Height: 17.2″ | Product Width: 19.7″ | Product Weight: 44.1 lb
- Six-place setting: the six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- Quick installation: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
- Seven washing programs: you’ll get full size dishwasher cleaning in a countertop sized compact unit that offers seven wash programs – heavy, Normal, baby care, light, glass, Speed 45 min, self clean
- Extra-drying function: this feature adds extra heat to the final rinse to enhance drying results, but can only be used with the following programs – heavy, Normal, light, glass, baby care
- Speed wash & self-cleaning: if you need dishes cleaned quickly, The speed cycle lets you get items clean in only 45 minutes. The self cleaning program provides an effective cleaning of the dishwasher itself
- Child lock: option allows you to lock the buttons on the control panel so children cannot accidentally start the dishwasher
- Easy-to-use controls: the LED digital controls give you a clear picture-view of wash controls and the rinse aid/water Supply failure indicators light up when dishwasher is low on rinse and that no water is reaching the dishwasher
- Durable and powerful: with an enduring stainless steel Heavy-duty interior tub you can be assured that this machine is ready to stand up to your everyday cleaning
- Detergents: pods, liquid or powder detergents are all acceptable and it’s recommended to only use detergent tablets when running long cycles so the tablets fully dissolve
This Farberware Professional Portable Countertop Dishwasher will be a great addition to a house with lots of kids.
Apart from the lightweight and compact design, this dishwasher has a child lock feature that will keep both the dishwasher and the kids safe from each other.
Despite its light weight of 44 lbs, this dishwasher has a heavy-duty stainless steel interior to withstand daily use.
Another notable feature is that the dishwasher only requires 110-volt outlets, whereas most of its competitors require 120 volts.
This dishwasher has a baby care wash cycle that will let the parents clean the kid’s accessories efficiently. Apart from this, it features a child lock to allow you to lock the control panel so the kids can’t do anything unnecessary to the dishwasher.
This portable dishwasher has a 45-minute speed wash cycle as well as 6 other wash cycles. You will find this wash cycle handy for cleaning the dishes in a short time, while the self-cleaning program ensures effective cleaning.
This lightweight dishwasher can add extra heat to the final rinse to offer better drying results. Plus, the dishwasher accepts all types of detergents to clean the dishes perfectly.
What type of faucet do I need to install this dishwasher?
Standard and basic faucet
What is the dimension of this dishwasher?
21.7 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches
10. EdgeStar Built-In Dishwasher
- Accommodates up to eight (8) place settings and features a silverware basket and cup tray
- Six (6) Wash Cycles: Heavy, Normal, ECO, Glass, Rapid, and Rinse; Three (3) Options: Sanitize, Hi Temp, Heated Dry
- At only 17.75 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great option.
- Leakage sensor automatically shuts off water flow when a leak is detected to protect your home from water damage
- Quiet 52dB operation keeps the disturbance to a minimum; Dimensions 32.5″ H x 17.6″ W x 22.4″ D; Weight: 52.9 lbs
The last recommendation for the best dishwasher consumer reports on our list is the EdgeStar Built-In Dishwasher.
It’s another compact design dishwasher that takes up small spaces and holds up to 8 place settings at a time.
A unique feature includes a leakage sensor. It means the dishwasher will automatically shut off once it detects the leak in the water flow.
As a result, the whole house will remain protected from water damage.
Another helpful feature includes light indicators, which will let the operator see the water cycle. It also produces a buzzer sound once the cycle finishes.
Rinse aid compartment
This built-in dishwasher also has a rinse aid compartment that ensures spotless clean dishes by preventing film buildup. It also dries the dishes quickly.
It’s a fairly lightweight dishwasher that produces only 52 dB. So you can carry the dishwasher anywhere you want and enjoy a quieter dishwashing operation.
The dishwasher also has 6 wash cycles to offer better control over the dish cleaning task.
How much water is consumed in the heavy cycle?
5.2 gallons of water per wash.
Is the interior of this dishwasher made of stainless steel?
The best dishwasher of the year consumer reports- ultimate buying guide
The dishwasher comes in a huge variety of sizes, types, and designs. Even considering the consumer reports, there are massive variations due to the unique preferences.
Thus, track some key factors to narrow down the option for purchasing the best dishwasher machine.
Type of Dishwasher
Determine the certain type of dishwasher required is the most common yet unavoidable factor.
You should consider the method of installation and the number of loads you will put in the dishwasher to find the right type of machine.
For example, a 24-inch dishwasher would be the right choice to be permanently installed in a large kitchen that meets the demands of a large family.
Conversely, an 18-inch countertop portable dishwasher will be the perfect option for a small kitchen and temporary placement.
Number of Cycles and Speed
The number of cycles and speed can vary depending on the brands and models.
However, most dishwashers come with at least three wash cycles, and they are normal, heavy, and rinse.
The wash cycle can go up to seven, including special cycles like baby care and glassware. Apart from these, consider your family’s requirements and kitchen type, whether they require a faster wash or slower, to decide the speed you require with the dishwasher.
Remember, a longer wash cycle with a slower speed consumes more water and energy.
Capacity and Storage
The dishwasher also varies in capacity and storage. So you can pick the right dishwasher to put your small and large loads at a time and enjoy time-saving and space-saving cleaning advantages.
The manufacturer defines the storage as a place setting, so the higher the number, the dishwasher can hold more dishes at a time.
However, most average-sized dishwashers have 12 to 16 place settings. But the countertop dishwasher holds around 6 to 8 dishes.
Energy Consumption and Saving
Compared to the typical dishwasher, an Energy Star certified dishwasher can save both cost and energy. Even some dishwashers can conserve water and energy for more consumer-friendly experiences.
It’s a life-saving feature that every dishwasher should have, especially if you have a kid in the house or need to run the dishwasher at night.
A dishwasher that produces less than 50 decibels of noise is considered the quietest dishwasher. And you shouldn’t choose a dishwasher that produces more than 65 decibels of sound.
FAQs about Best Dishwasher Consumer Reports
What are the top-rated dishwashers by consumer reports?
The Bosch 24″ 800 Series Fully Integrated Dishwasher is the top-rated dishwasher by Consumer Reports in terms of reliability, quality, and service.
Even the dishwasher comes with a sleek look and is suitable for handling any busy kitchen of a large family.
Is stainless steel dishwasher tub better than a plastic one?
In general, stainless steel dishwasher tubes can endure more heat than plastics.
The stainless steel tubs are also more durable and stain-resistant and offer a longer lifespan than plastic dishwasher tubs.
Can I install the countertop dishwasher under the sink?
Following the name suggests countertop dishwashers are mainly designed to be placed on the countertops.
But if you install the machine under the sink, you have to keep the cabinet door open while using the dishwasher.
The reason is countertop dishwashers need an electrical outlet and a kitchen faucet.
Now you are aware of the consumer reports on the dishwasher and have got some of the top-rated recommendations.
Hopefully choosing the best dishwasher consumer reports won’t be a difficult task for you considering the customer reports, reliability, types, and design.
But make sure you have measured your available space and determined the family size requirement before hitting the buy button.